Special Guest Speaker Sally Tibbetts, District Director for Congressman Vern Buchanan, Addressing the EMRC Meeting
A series of issues, deemed by Congressman Vern Buchanan to be of national importance, were discussed and voted on at the February 13th meeting of the East Manatee Republican Club.
Six specific issues were initially introduced and reviewed during a Power Point presentation and then club members and guests were requested to vote by indicating their personal determination of importance and numerical ranking of each issue. Printed forms for each member were distributed and they were tabulated to determine the actual number of votes cast by the members on each individual issue.
The issues were as follows:
1. Do you think jobs and the economy are the most pressing issues facing our nation?
2. Has the lack of bipartisanship in Washington hurt our country?
3. Do you support granting amnesty to illegal immigrants currently living in the U.S.?
4. Do you support the Presidents' national health care law?
5. Should Congress cut the foreign aid it sends to other countries?
6. Do you believe that the $17.3 Trillion Dollar National Debt is a threat the the future of the U.S.?
RESULTS OF VOTES CAST ON FEBRUARY 13, 2014:
Ranking of Importance
Jobs and the Economy
The National Debt
Support for Obamacare
Amnesty for Illegal Immigrants
Hurt by Lack of Cooperation in Congress
Reduction in Foreign Aid
Posted to Website on February 14, 2014
Copyright (c)2009 East Manatee Republican Club & JustHost.com